Time is going by so fast and this week baby Kinsley is the size of a pineapple! So exciting to watch her grow and I’m so ready to meet her face to face!
There are so many things that I have found helpful during my pregnancy but I narrowed it down to my top 5 that I have used during all three trimesters.
1. First things first. Once you find out your pregnant it’s important to start taking a prenatal vitamin so you and your babe are getting all the proper vitamins. My OB told me that really any prenatal vitamin was fine and it wasn’t necessary to spend a ton of money on these but one thing to make sure is that it does contain DHA. DHA is an essential nutrient for women and it helps build your baby’s brain, nervous system, and eyes. My favorite prenatal vitamin was Nature Made Multivitamin & DHA Softgels.
2. Around my 12th week or so I started using this Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion. It’s specifically made to help prevent/reduce stretch marks and help the elasticity of your skin as your stomach begins to stretch and grow. I love the way it smells and so far its been perfect for this ever growing belly of mine.
3. So I really struggle with drinking a lot of water. Some days it sounds fantastic and other days it’s the last thing I want to drink. During my first trimester I was so nauseous all day every day that it was extremely hard to get fluids down. I would mix Gatorade or juice with the water to help. The biggest thing that helped me was a straw. I’m not sure why I drink more with a straw or water bottle but I do and it also helped me keep track of how much I was intaking.
4. Even before I had a huge bump you’ll start to feel the weight difference in your stomach when you lay down and I was constantly placing pillows, blankets, sweatshirts under my stomach for support because it felt so much better. My mom had given me this Boppy Pregnancy Pillow and it was a game changer. It gave me stomach and back both amazing support. I slept so much better and was way more comfortable having this.
5. Lastly investing in a few pair of maternity pants/shorts was a life saver. The hair band tie trick only works for so long and then it just becomes really uncomfortable. I think my first trimester I lived in sweats because it was winter and I felt so horrible. Then the second trimester came along and things started to look up and I actually wanted to get ready and dress cute again, haha. I ordered all of my pants and shorts from Old Navy and absolutely loved them. They were great quality for a great price.
There are so many great products out there to use during your pregnancy but these were definitely my favorite. If anyone has any others that they found helpful during their entire pregnancy I would love to hear them!